Back in the Keystone State

My last few days in Michigan have come to an end.  My brother, sister-in-law and I celebrated in style.  Last evening we went out for Coney Island hot dogs and ice cream sundaes.  This was after another marathon session of entering more items on Ebay.

All yesterday John kept running in to say, “We got another sale on Ebay.”  Then a few minutes later he’d be in with some boxes saying, “We just got payment for these on Ebay.”  Oy!  We had a regular little Shipping Central going at his house for awhile there.

Then this morning I got up bright and early (5: 15 a.m. is pretty early for me) and had already loaded up half the car by the time my brother got up.  He did the important stuff, like make coffee.  And then it was time to say goodbye.

It’s never easy saying goodbye to John and Rose.  I always have so much fun with them – even if it’s doing Ebay with them.  Poor Rose.  I left her with a living room filled with boxes and shipping material.  Her house may never be the same again.

I also had a few more things to pack in the car than I had brought out – like my new Majacraft spinning wheel, Lyda Rose.  And my Army fatigues that John insisted I take with me.  I am proud to say that my fatigue jacket still fits although it will be quite awhile before I can get back into my Army uniform.  I might be able to wiggle into my combat boots, though.  But hey, it’s been over 30 years.

I listened to (and sang along with) some great gospel and praise music on the way home as well as heard some good gospel preaching, which kept me awake.  I ate too much junk food and drank too much coffee, which also helped keep me awake while driving.  And then I pulled into the driveway and walked into the house to find a VERY excited puppy and soon, one very relieved hubby.  So, as Shakespeare would say, “all’s well that ends well.”  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved

Hot Flashed Funk


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: